Thrift Design understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your information is used and shared online. I respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits my site and will only collect and use information in ways that are useful to you and in a manner consistent with your rights and my obligations under the law.
1: Information I Collect
Depending upon your use of my site, I may collect some or all of the following data:
- Contact information such as email addresses, postal addresses and telephone numbers;
- IP address (automatically collected)
- Financial information such as credit / debit card numbers. This is securely collected and processed by my payment processing partners (see section 3.2). I never have access to your payment information
2: Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
2.1 I use your data to provide the best possible products and services to you. This includes:
Providing and managing your access to my site;
- Supplying my products and services to you;
- Personalising and tailoring my products and services for you;
- Responding to communications from you;
- Supplying you with articles, news and offers you may be interested in when you subscribe to my mailing list. You may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by clicking the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of every email.
- Market research.
- Analysing your use of my site and gathering feedback to enable me to continually improve my site and your user experience;
2.2 In some cases, the collection of data may be a statutory or contractual requirement, and I will be limited in the products and services I can provide you without your consent for me to be able to use such data.
2.3 With your permission and/or where permitted by law, I may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email with information, news and offers on my products and/ or services. I will not, however, send you any spam or pass your details to third parties for their marketing purposes and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that I fully protect your rights and comply with my obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, as amended in 2004, 2011 and 2015.
2.4 Under GDPR I will ensure that your personal data is processed lawfully, fairly, and transparently, without adversely affecting your rights. I will only process your personal data if at least one of the following basis applies:
- you have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at the request of you prior to entering into a contract;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which I am subject;
- processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or of another natural person;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller; and/or
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by me or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
3: Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
3.1 I may contract with third parties to supply products and services to you on my behalf. These may include payment processing, delivery of goods, advertising and marketing. In some cases, the third parties may require access to some or all of your data. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, I will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, my obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.
3. 2 I currently contract with the following third parties:
WooCommerce (Automatic); https://automattic.com/privacy/#california-consumer-privacy-act-ccpa Stripe; https://stripe.com/gb/privacy PayPal; https://www.paypal.com/myaccount/privacy/privacyhub Zettle; https://www.zettle.com/gb/legal/privacy-policy Patreon; https://privacy.patreon.com/policies?name=patreon-privacy-policy#welcome-to-patreon
Other Third Parties;
3. 3 In certain circumstances I may be legally required to share certain data held by me, which may include your personal information, for example, where I am involved in legal proceedings, where I am complying with the requirements of legislation, a court order, or a governmental authority. I do not require any further consent from you in order to share your data in such circumstances and will comply as required with any legally binding request that is made of me.
4: Data Retention
4.1 All personal data is stored securely in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (GDPR).
4.2 I only keep your data for as long as I need to in order to use it and/or for as long as I have your permission to keep it. Your data will be deleted if I no longer need it.
4.3 Data security is of great importance to me, and to protect your data I have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure data collected through my site.
4.4 Notwithstanding the security measures that I take, it is important to remember that the transmission of data via the internet may not be completely secure and that you are advised to take suitable precautions when transmitting data to Us via the internet.
5:Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
GDPR (2018) requires me to disclose if I transfer personal information outside of the EU and the legal bases I rely on to do so, such as consent and contractual necessity. See section 3.2 for more details.
5.1 Some or all of your data may be stored or transferred outside of the European Economic Area (“the EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein). You are deemed to accept and agree to this by using my site and submitting information to me. If I do store or transfer data outside the EEA, I will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the EEA and under the GDPR. Such steps may include, but not be limited to, the use of legally binding contractual terms between me and any third parties I engage and the use of the EU-approved Model Contractual Arrangements.
6: Your Rights
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
a) Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below. See section 8.
b) Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will delete your personal information upon request.
c) Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
d) Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
By using my site you may also receive certain third party Cookies on your computer or device. Third party Cookies are those placed by websites, services, and/or parties other than me.
8: How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Lucy Wray of Thrift Design, am the data controller of your personal information.
If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can mail me at: 90, Chestnut Avenue, Euxton, Chorley, Lancashire, PR7 6BS, England, UK